Statement Of Faith
Our statement of faith is based on what is called the Apostle’s Creed because we believe it sums up clearly what we stand for as church and as believers.
The Creed goes as follows:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; He descended to the dead.
On the third day He rose again; He ascended into heaven, He is seated at the right hand of the Father, and He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Universal Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. AMEN.
From this comes our statement of faith and what we believe from each portion of this creed as it will be explained below:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth. (Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 45:5, Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-3, Acts 14:15)
• God Almighty
* We believe in the one and only eternal God.
* We believe that He is the Creator of all things.
* We believe He exists in three Persons (The Trinity): God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
* We believe that He is a good loving God and He is completely Holy.
• God’s Word
* If you believe in God, you have to believe in His Word which is mentioned in John 1:1-3.
* We believe that the Bible is God’s infallible Word.
* We believe it is accurate, it is authoritative and it is applicable to our everyday lives.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord. (Luke 2:11, John 20:28, John 3:16, Proverbs 30:4, John 20:28)
* We believe that Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour is both fully God and fully man (2nd in the Trinity).
* We believe He is the ONLY One who can reconcile us back to God.
* We believe that He lived a sinless life as an example to us all, He died on the cross in our place, and He rose again from the dead to prove His victory and empower us to live life!
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. (Luke 1:35, Luke 1:27)
• The Virgin Birth
* We believe that Jesus was in fact born of a virgin named Mary as the scriptures tell us.
* We believe that by the power of the Holy Spirit Mary conceived a boy she called Jesus who became the Saviour of the world.
Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; He descended to the dead. (Luke 23:23-25, John 19:6-20, Acts 2:31, Acts 4:10, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, 1 Peter 3:18, 1 Peter 4:6, Ephesians 4:8-10)
* We believe that sin is a reality and the very reason why Jesus came to earth to save us.
* We believe that sin comes from our enemy Satan and not from God, and he tempts us with our own evil desires away from God.
* We believe that sin has separated each of us from God the Father and His purpose for our lives.
• New Birth
* We believe that Jesus died and rose again so we can have the gift of being reborn in the Spirit.
* We believe that this new birth takes place as we repent for our sins, believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and submit to His will for our lives.
On the third day He rose again; He ascended into heaven, He is seated at the right hand of the Father, and He will come again to judge the living and the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:4, Mark 16:19, Luke 24:51, Acts 1:11, Hebrews 1:3, 2 Timothy 4:1, John 5:22)
• Our Authority on Earth
* We believe that Jesus has commissioned us with His authority to rule and reign on this earth and establish His kingdom wherever we go; this is what happened on the very day He ascended into Heaven.
* We believe that the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is alive and active in us, empowering us to do the works that Jesus did, and greater also as He has promised.
• Jesus is coming back
* We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He has promised us.
* When He comes there will be a day of Judgement for the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, (John 15:26, John 16:7-8, John 16:13-14, Acts 13:2)
• The Holy Spirit
* We believe in the Holy Spirit (The 3rd Person in the Trinity).
* We believe that He is on this earth, living inside of us as believers, empowering us to live a life pleasing to our Father.
* We believe that He is here to teach us, guide us, comfort us, and to be our companion as we walk out the Christian life.
* We believe that every believer should be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.
* We believe in the Gifts of the Spirit and that He enables us to use those spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues.
The Universal Church, (Galatians 3:26-29)
• The Body Of Christ
* We believe that each and every believer forms part of the Universal Church (Body of Christ).
* We believe that God equipped us individually so that we can stand together as a body to successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfil our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
• Water Baptism
* We believe in the baptism of Jesus in water.
* We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptized in water.
The communion of saints, (Revelation 19:14, Hebrews 10:25)
• Fellowship of Believers
* We believe that it is important for believers to fellowship/commune together in the confines of a local church where they can be planted, rooted and grow together in the grace of Jesus as they use their gifts to serve one another in love.
• The Holy Communion
* We as church believe that it is vitally important to take part of Holy Communion (The Lord’s Supper) as Jesus taught us on a regular basis.
* As we take part in this, we remember what Jesus has done for us on the cross and we are joined together in unity as Christ through the Holy Spirit establishes a oneness inside our hearts and spirits.
The forgiveness of sins, (Luke 7:48)
* We believe that God has forgiven us through faith in what His Son has done for us. Through this forgiveness the transformation process starts in our lives to become more like Jesus.
* We believe this because God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy, holy and prosperous lives.
* We believe that this transformation is not only for ourselves but it happens in order for us to help others more effectively.
The resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. (1 Thessalonians 4:16, John 6:39, John 10:28, John 17:2-3)
* We believe that there is life after death.
* We believe that this life eternal will be spent either in Heaven or in hell.
* We believe that where this eternal life is spent is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ and His love.